Mark L. Abrams
First meeting was held in the Church, in attendance was Stefanie Scott, Clarence Wimbush, Paula Clark and Patricia Bell. We discussed the game plan for designing the church website. The 1st order of business is to decide what the website navigation should consist of. The committee is thinking about the top level navigation and this will be discussed at our next meeting which is scheduled for Sunday, November 9th 2014.
Lana Moore-Dillon has forwarded her ideas on the web redesign, see below….
It is my opinion that the website needs to be the outside facing reflection of who and what SGSB is and does.
• Calendar of all scheduled events
• Section for viewer feedback
• Ability to view uploaded services : Installation of new Rector.
• Ability to stream actual services
• Perhaps a chat box with the Rector
• A PayPal link to pay pledges or to receive gifts
• Should incorporate the SGSB Mission Statement
• Perhaps a link to St. Barnabas Mission as we support them
• Perhaps a link to the Philadelphia diocese website
• Perhaps a link to UBE
• Should have links/snapshots of all of the committees, what they do and how they serve: ECW, DOK, Acolyte Guild, Men’s Fellowship
• Links to SGSB involved events with the 61st Street Corridor. Diocese events etc. (Absalom Jones service, Black History service, Thanksgiving eve service)
• Community interaction: Family & Friends Day and Bryant School support by ECW.
• We could have short stories highlighting current and past members about their dedication and service: Maime Wiggins, Mr. Tucker, Cynthia Talmadge, Clarence Wimbush, Mr. Byrd III, Vincent Walker etc.
Conference Call on Tuesday, 11/17/14.
Topic: We will talk about logging into the dashboard,, the navigation for the website and Mark will build the pages from the derived navigation.